15. The possession of Jerusalem would be at the center of international turmoil. Israel has claimed it as their eternal capitol. Arabs claim it as the capitol of a new Palestinian state. The United Nations has censured Israel and favored Palestinian claims so many times that I’ve lost count. The United States has usually been the only nation with veto privilege in the UN Security Council to block these attempts. But now, President Barack Obama, a Muslim sympathizer, has signaled he may not veto this latest attempt to divide Jerusalem.
Meanwhile, Palestinian terrorists continue bombing, shooting, and driving cars into civilian crowds trying to intimidate and blackmail Israel into concessions. While many Jews, in true pogrom mentality, try to appease the Muslims by giving into their demands, such as Rabbi Yitzhak Yosef, who says Jews praying on their own Temple Mount will just lead to more violence. Fortunately their are still some Davids in the land who are resisting Arab terrorists. Sadly, they have to walk a tightrope between the freedom to exist and appeasing so-called allies, like the United States, who are constantly demanding Israel to yield to Islamic pressure or lose American support. God long ago foresaw this rebellion of the nations –
And it shall happen in that day that I will make Jerusalem a very heavy stone for all peoples; all who would heave it away will surely be cut in pieces, though all nations of the earth are gathered against it. – Zechariah 12:3
He also warned what would happen to those who participate in it –
I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land. – Joel 3:2
16. Knowledge would increase (Daniel 12:4). Just as it was promised to Daniel, knowledge has indeed been increased. More books are published every year than can be read in a lifetime. People certainly “run to-and-fro” today. Travel that used to take months, even years, is now done in mere hours. The Book of Daniel was “shut up” for many years but now it’s message is beginning to be understood. For example, he prophesied to the day the time of Messiah’s appearance and rejection by Israel. But, the knowledge spoken about here is most likely meant to be knowledge of the Scriptures and that is certainly the case. With all the modern day tools of interpretation and language translations, availability of the printed Word in almost every language, man is without excuse for not knowing what God has said in His Word.
17. There would be hypocrites within the Church (Matthew 13:25-30). The word ‘hypocrite’ means ‘one who acts’, in other words, they pretend to be someone they are not. For example, Hollywood is full of hypocrites (actors). What is sad is when the Church is filled with hypocrites! They are Christians on Sunday but, live like the devil the rest of the week. I’m not talking about the fact that we all sin as long as we repent and resolve to stop doing it. I’m talking about those who use Christianity as a life insurance policy and have no intention of changing their sinful lifestyles! There have always been some of these in the Church, but now they are often in the majority. Jesus predicted they would be there –
“but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way. But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared. So the servants of the owner came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?'”He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’ The servants said to him, ‘Do you want us then to go and gather them up?’But he said, ‘No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.” – Matthew 13:25-30
18. There would be an increase of religious cults/false teachers (Matthew 24:11, 24). There are more than I can write about here but, an example would be Wayne Bent, (aka: Michael Travesser) who is the founder of The Lord Our Righteousness Church, and claims that during an experience in his living room in March 2000, God told him, “You are Messiah.” Bent has since asserted, “I am the embodiment of God. I am divinity and humanity combined.”
Then there are more than 70 U.S. churches who celebrated Christlam last year. They say Allah and Yahweh are the same God and combine Islam and Christianity in their services.
19. The future would seem fearful to many (Luke 21:26). The rise of heart attacks today is evident and one of the main causes is identified as stress; from uncertainty, finances, threat of wars, etc.
Men’s heart failing for fear, and looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. – Luke 21:26)
20. Humanity would become materialistic (2 Timothy 3:4). Today, most people are controlled by advertisement. All the holidays have become just one big chance to advertise.
21. Many will be involved in travel (Daniel 12:4)
22. The Christian Gospel would be preached as a warning to all nations (Matthew 24:14). This is certainly true today.
23. Jesus said Christians would be hated for His names’ sake (Matthew 24:9). There have been more martyrs for Christ since 2000 than since the Church began. In the West, where Christendom once reigned, persecution of Christians now occurs. In the United States, Christians cannot practice their faith in their own businesses without persecution and their children are forced in many public schools to honor Islam but they cannot sing Christmas carols that honor Jesus.
24. Heavenly signs will get men’s attention (Luke 21:25-26). Near misses by asteroids, comets streaking across the skies, solar storms threatening earth’s communications, and blood red moons are signaling something new is happening on the earth.
Once in a lifetime Blood Red Moon Tetrarchs happening on the Lord’s Feast Days in 2014 and 2015 are drawing world-wide attention. Recent Tsunamis are certainly example of the “seas roaring” as Jesus predicted.
And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men’s hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. (Luke 21:25-26)
25. Youth would become rebellious (2 Timothy 3:2). The news is filled with gangs roaming the streets assaulting pedestrians with “knock out” games and “rave” robberies, with children murdering their own parents or school mates. School teachers are frantic because while being faced with classrooms of rebellious children they are being stripped of any methods to discipline them. Paul warned it would come in the end of days –
For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy (2 Timothy 3:2)
26. Men would mock the warning signs of the end of the age (2 Peter 3:3-4). The Bible even reveals their motivation, they love lust; lust for power, wealth, sex,control.. They fail to understand that a day to the Lord is as a thousand years to us. God is not subject to the time that He created. He can flick through time as we flick through the pages of a history book. The reason He seems to be silent, is because He is patiently waiting, not willing that any perish, but that all come to repentance.
“Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, and saying Where is the promise of His coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.” – 2 Peter 3:3-4
This finishes the post 26 Signs of the Lord’s Soon Return. Many of them have happened only recently while some have been happening for a long time but are increasing in severity. Why are these warnings given? God wants us to wake up to the lateness of the hour and turn to Him with wholeheartedness.
Like watchmen, we need to give the warning of judgment to come lest their blood be on our heads.