I have been posting about the 2014-2015 Blood Red Moon Tetrad and the eclipses it contains, but there is another important sign hidden within them that gives grave news for the world. It is the mystery of the number seven. From the beginning of creation the number seven has played an important role –
- God created the heavens and the earth in six days but on the seventh – He rested.
- Man was commanded to follow the same pattern and set aside the seventh day as a Sabbath – ” Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.” – Exodus 20:8
- Not only was the seventh day a Sabbath but seven Sabbaths was a special Sabbath and the next day (50th day) was a celebration of harvest.- Leviticus 23:16
- Every seven years was also a special time, called the shemittah in which there was to be a time of release from financial debt. – Deuteronomy 15:1
- Every seven shemitahs was to begin a year of Jubilee – a time of great release and rest, debts forgiven, land that was lost was to be returned, those who had been enslaved were to be set free, and the land and vineyards were also to be given rest.
- Judgments also came in groups of seven – Pharaohs dream of seven lean cows, and the Babylonian captivity of Judah for 70 years because they did not honor God by keeping the shemitahs commanded and fell away from God. – Jeremiah 29:10
- Antichrist will rule the earth for seven years. – Daniel 9:27
Rabbi Joseph Cahn has written about about the Shemitah in his recent book, The Mystery of the Shemitah and he explains in an interview with Charisma Magazine –
Cahn’s warning has to do with what is known as the biblical Shemitah, or the Sabbath Year. During this year, according to Exodus and Leviticus, there was to be no working of the land. The last day of the Shemitah, Elul 29, is considered the “wipeout day” when all debts were “wiped clean.” The Shemitah is meant to be a blessing, but when Israel turned away from God it became “a sign of judgment on a nation that has driven God out of its life.”
He also noted a pattern of judgments at seven-year intervals in September 2001 and 2008 marked by the greatest crashes in Wall Street history, up to that time. The first occurred on Sept. 17, 2001, just a few days after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, and the second occurred on Sept. 29, 2008. Both occurred on the biblical day of Elul 29, the very day appointed to wipe out the financial accounts of a nation. The next one occurs on Sept. 13.
“What if we take the greatest crashes in history. Do any of them take place at the end of the seven-year cycle of the Shemitah at the time of the wipeout and the answer is, ‘Yes.’ Every single one of them does. And the thing is the phenomenon is increasing. It’s intensifying.”
While the current Shemitah runs from September 2014 through this September, Cahn told the audience that the “Super Shemitah”—or the year of Jubilee, the year at the end of seven cycles of the Shemitah—begins this September and runs through September 2016.
“What people don’t realize is one of the missing keys of end-times prophecy is the Shemitah,” says Cahn, “What’s the end of end-times prophecy? The Tribulation. How long is the Tribulation period? Seven years. – Rabbi Joseph Cahn, The Shemitah Unraveled: What 2015-2016 Could Bring
Financial experts have long wondered why financial downturns always seem to occur in seven-year cycles. The Bible explains why this happens – it is because of man’s rebellion against God and the turning of what was meant for blessing into judgment.
“At the end of every seven years thou shalt make a release (shĕmittah). … And Moses commanded them, saying, At the end of every seven years, in the solemnity of the year of release, in the feast of tabernacles” – Deuteronomy 15:1; 31:10
“Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye come into the land which I give you, then shall the land keep a sabbath unto the LORD. Six years thou shalt sow thy field, and six years thou shalt prune thy vineyard, and gather in the fruit thereof; But in the seventh year shall be a sabbath of rest unto the land, a sabbath for the LORD: thou shalt neither sow thy field, nor prune thy vineyard.” – Leviticus 25:2-4
America is the only other nation that was founded on a covenant with God, as Israel was. The judgments that came on Israel because of their turning away from God are now coming upon us. They began with the September 11 attack in 2001 followed by the greatest financial collapse of the stock market to that time a short time later on Elul 29, the end day of the shemitah. Seven years later, in 2008, came the greatest financial collapse of the stock market to that time, also on Elul 29, the last day of the shemitah. The next shemitah will come in 2016, with Elul 29 on September 23rd.
Of course, no one knows for sure what God will do or what disasters may come but, He seems to clearly warn about these coming judgments in Scriptures and in heavenly signs. The best thing we can do is prepare now and the first preparation is to right with God.
In my next article, I hope to share some more mysteries contained in the Blood Red Moon Tetrad of 2014, 15.