While many Christians are failing their main mission in the world – uplifting the glory of God and telling the world the good news of the Gospel – the devil is fast at work trying to defeat God’s plan. Instead of converting the world, Christians are compromising the with the world. They have forgotten to uplift the glory of God by obeying His commands, one of the first of which God ever gave to mankind –
“And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.” – Genesis 1:28
“Be fruitful and multiply” is one of the first commands God ever gave to man and for centuries it has been a cornerstone of Biblical teaching. It is one of first ways we can bless God – by giving Him His heritage!
“Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.” – Psalm 127:3
As it turns out, having children will also be a great blessing to us –
“As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.” Psalm 127:4,5
The first and best chance any of us have to tell the story of God and Jesus is to our children and yet we forsake that task! How, you ask? In the following ways, to name a few:
- We forsake marriage according to God’s standards –
And this is the second thing you do:You cover the altar of the LORD with tears,With weeping and crying;So He does not regard the offering anymore,Nor receive it with goodwill from your hands. Yet you say, “For what reason?”Because the LORD has been witness Between you and the wife of your youth,With whom you have dealt treacherously;Yet she is your companion And your wife by covenant. But did He not make them one,Having a remnant of the Spirit?And why one?He seeks godly offspring.Therefore take heed to your spirit,And let none deal treacherously with the wife of his youth. – Malachi 2:13-15
- We decide for ourselves if we will have children and how many we will have because of our own selfishness! “How can I live according to my desires if I have to spend time and money on children?” – is a common thought among Christians. It is a thought based in selfishness and greed and lack of faith!
“I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.” – Psalm 37:25
- We kill our children with abortion, which is murder.
- We forsake our responsibility to train them up in the fear and admonition of God by turning them over to the public schools to teach, who may or may not believe in God and His standards.
- We do not demonstrate to them the love of Jesus Christ by giving them our love, our time, our prayers, our discipline (there is no true love without it), and telling them God’s truths – and that doesn’t mean letting somebody else do it!
Because of these things and others also, Christians are losing the battle for the hearts and minds of mankind. Yes, the Church is asleep, but it cannot sleep for long – the devil will not let us. Europe, which was once Christian, has slept too long. They have lost the battle and if we do not wake – we will lose as well. If you do not believe this, click on the link below and watch your impending doom.
The time is late. If we do not turn back to God and obey His commands, we will soon be overrun by Islam. Islamic people need to hear the Gospel of the Kingdom but, that requires a Church that is awake and functioning as it was intended to function – one filled and moved by the Holy Spirit and one free from the world.
The Good News is, God can restore us if we repent and choose to live according to His dictates. It is not to late for us.
One thought on “Uplifting the Glory of God (2nd ed.)”
Chuck this is certainly eye opening! I have shared it on FB and pray that MANY will be moved by it and apply what they learn before it is too late…Oh Lord help us!