In 2010 I wrote the Book, The Call, and in chapter 12, I asked the question “Is the restrainer being removed?” Following is that chapter, after which I will update it.
Daniel interpreted a dream that God gave to King Nebuchadnezzar in which the Gentile kingdoms that were to come were revealed. It is clear that God has ordained these various kingdoms and empires that will come forth in history. While Satan tries to use these empires for his own purpose, God always uses them to achieve His own pre-ordained goals. He can even change a king’s heart to do this as He did with Nebuchadnezzar and Cyrus.
Toward the close of these Gentile kingdoms, they will change from world-wide empires such as Babylon, Persia, Greece, and Rome into smaller kingdoms greatly influenced by socialism and democracy, as represented by the feet and toes made of iron and clay in Nebuchadnezzar’s image. As Nebuchadnezzar watched “a stone was cut out without hands” and this stone struck the feet of iron and clay and smashed the whole statue. These kingdoms and nations will be the setting for God’s final acts in man’s history which will bring back the nation of Israel and will finally result in the ‘everlasting kingdom which will never be destroyed or left to other people’ – Daniel 2:44. At that time, the ‘times of the Gentiles’ will be fulfilled as Jesus taught in Luke 21:24.
God has used these kingdoms and nations to fulfill His purposes and one of His purposes is to honor the covenant He made with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Throughout history the devil has wanted to destroy Israel, but God has always had a kingdom or nation to thwart him. Sometimes, they were used without their realizing what was happening. I believe God will have a kingdom or nation, influenced by His truth, which He will use to restrain Satan and thus aid Israel in ushering in His everlasting kingdom. Whenever Satan is gaining too much power and control God raises a nation to challenge him. WWII is an example; when Hitler and his Axis tried to rule the world and destroy the Jewish people, God raised up the Allies to defeat them and their plans. For the last 50 years the United States has been this ‘restrainer’ against the forces of lawlessness of communism and Islam. But the time will come and may be soon here, when this ‘restrainer’ will be removed to allow the ‘mystery of lawlessness’ one last chance to defeat God and His Anointed One.
And now you know what is restraining, that he (the antichrist) may be revealed in his own time. For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only he who now restrains will do so until he is taken out of the way. – 2nd Thessalonians 2:6, 7 (emphasis mine)
At this point in history God has been using the United States to restrain the work of Satan to destroy the Jews. But the time will come and may be soon here, when this ‘restrainer’ will be removed to allow the ‘mystery of lawlessness’ one last chance to defeat God and His Anointed One.
If I am correct in my opinion, what conditions will result in the removal of this ‘restrainer’? Paul gives us the answer as he details the actions that will cause this nation or people to fall:
For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools, for this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful; who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them. – Romans 1:20-32
The conditions that cause a nation or people to fall are.
- God, the Creator, is denied – the rise of the doctrine of evolution,
- They stopped being thankful and begin attributing their blessings to their own ability and wisdom – schools that were founded to honor God will turn and deny Him, and
- They lose the fear of God and there is nothing to restrain their wickedness.
We can see the evidence of all these conditions growing in America today.
- The decline of Christian morals – the main influence of the Christian moral is not the number of church goers, but the number of functioning, stable families. As Mathew Henry wrote, “If you don’t have Church at home, you will not have it in your fellowship.” God described Himself as a Father and He instituted marriage for the purpose of begetting “godly offspring” (Malachi 2:15). In America today the “percentage of married households with children has plummeted from 44.3 percent to 20.2 percent since 1960” Over 50% of America’s children today live in single parent or foster families. This is exactly why God says He “hates divorce” (Malachi 2:16), it destroys families and ultimately society. The very first obligation of families is to honor God and second is to train up your children to honor God. All other functions of society are dependent upon these two. When these two fail, the others will soon follow.
- The rise in violence – while there has always been some violence it has now escalated to a level uncontrollable by law enforcement. Chicago is being swept with violent uprisings even as I write this article. This was documented in an article titled, Third World America 2011: Forget “Fast Tracking to Anarchy” We’ve Arrived. Of course, most liberal commentators attribute this rise in violence to lack of welfare relief programs. They never seem to get the true reason for the lawlessness – rebellion against God. We kill the most innocent among us (approx. 56 million aborted babies) and then wonder why a spirit of murder has been released upon us as a nation. I live in a small village of 1000 population – this would amount to killing 56,000 such villages! Our news media reports the number of deaths our soldiers suffer in places like Iraq and Afghanistan with alarm, and it is tragic, but there are more murders committed every year in the United States and they do not seem alarmed about them! Our 2nd President, John Adams stated. “We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion (and at that time, ‘religion’ meant Christianity). Avarice, ambition, revenge, or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a religious and moral people. It is wholly inadequate for the government of any other.”
- The rise in crime – not only is crime on the increase, but a new type of crime has also now emerged, “Mob robberies”. One very disturbing trend that is on the increase is the number of “flash mob robberies” that we are seeing around the United States. Large groups of youths are storming into retail establishments, looting whatever they want, and storming right back out. They co-ordinate their robberies on Twitter and Facebook, meet at the selected location and go to looting! The reference footnoted here are examples that are happening nation-wide. The video reference shows what is becoming known as “Flash Mob Robberies”. These actions have recently started becoming violent, in one episode over 100 were shot and 17 died. They gang the streets, stop cars, pulling people out and beating them, for no apparent reason. In some cases, gang cars drive down a busy street and start shooting at pedestrians.
- The collapse in the economy – all the major economic indicators 1) housing market, 2) job growth, and 3) unemployment are now at or below those seen during the Great Depression of the late 1920’s. If we calculated unemployment and inflation the same way that we did back during the Carter administration, then the Misery Index today would actually be higher than at any point during the presidency of Jimmy Carter. Misery Index = rate of inflation + Unemployment rateThe present Democrat government has changed the way they calculate inflation and unemployment, leaving out large segments of data to make the figures look better. A recent article named 50 things every American should know about the collapse of the economy highlights this fact in great detail. The liberal news media is trying desperately to shore up the Obama presidency with rosy lopsided reports but, no one believes them, especially when 44 million Americans are on food stamps! 59% of all Americans now receive money from the federal government in one form or another and the tension between the ‘haves’ and the ‘have nots’ is about to boil over.
- Political correctness amuck – has led us to accept lesbians and homosexual lifestyles as normal. Homosexuals have blackmailed major corporations into giving them large donations rather than be labeled “Homophobic”. Now the public school system is training our children to believe it is an acceptable and normal lifestyle. Fox, Disney, and Google have endorsed a multi-million-dollar campaign supporting the homosexual lifestyle that targets children as young as 10 years old. God absolutely condemns this lifestyle and those who support it, as Saint Paul wrote in Romans 1:26, 27, and 32. We are told that the higher number of blacks in prison is proof of racism but why isn’t it just proof that more blacks commit crimes? Today it seems one cannot disagree with President Obama’s policies without being called racist because he happens to be black. We cannot profile Muslims for terrorism even though the overwhelming majority of terrorism is committed by Muslims! We give special preference to minorities in school placement tests even though other students who happen not to be a minority score higher on their entrance tests. This is not only unfair to those who worked hard to get the higher test scores but also to the minorities who are assumed to not be as smart because of their race. Political Correctness is exactly what Paul was describing when he stated that “God gave them over to a debased mind to do those things which are not fitting”.
- When the Church fails to be the ‘salt’ and ‘light’ it was meant to be, there is nothing to stop the downward spiral into a total collapse of the society. Only the true Church has the power to withstand the evil deception of Satan. But, if the Church ceases being the standard of moral truth in a nation, that nation is doomed. The American church is in danger of having its lampstand removed as Jesus warned the churches of Revelation 2 and 3. Sadly, the American church has lost its moral authority on marriage and divorce and now is on an equal footing with the world outside the church. It now accepts the homosexual lifestyle and even ordains them as ministers. 60% of evangelical Christians voted for Obama in 2008 even though he actively promoted abortion. They foolishly thought they could separate political life from moral life. Now there is a movement to recognize “many ways” to salvation, even though Jesus said He was the only way to the Father. Some evangelical ministers are preaching that Jews have their own way to salvation, apart from Jesus. Others are promoting “Chrislam” saying Islam is equal to Christianity in finding God. In June of 2011, 77 churches in 33 states celebrated Chrislam in their Sunday Services.
This is exactly what Malachi was rebuking in the priests of his day:
Judah has dealt treacherously, and an abomination has been committed in Israel and in Jerusalem, For Judah has profaned The LORD’s holy institution which He loves: He has married the daughter of a foreign god. – Malachi 2:11
God loves His ‘holy institution’, the Church, and He views joining it with the false god of Islam as an abomination. Malachi prays that the ones who do this will be cut off from the tents of Jacob, in other words be ejected from the true Church!
These conditions indicate that the United States is about to collapse. Its leaders are trusting in their own abilities and wisdom instead of trusting in God; indeed, they have rejected God and His Son, Jesus Christ as our only hope. It is only God’s grace that has preserved us this long, but our leaders refuse to recognize this truth. God has been restoring the nation of Israel and they have now come home but, they have been trusting in the United States like they used to trust in Egypt in Old Testament times. Now God will show them that they can rely only on Him as He allows the Psalm 83 and Ezekiel 38 wars to break upon them. The time has almost arrived for the ‘restrainer’ to be removed allowing Satan to do his worse and to prove to Israel that their only hope is God Himself.
This scenario does not bode well for the United States. If there is not a major, wide-sweeping repentance in the American Church, there is nothing left but the judgment of God on this nation.
While this analysis was written while President Obama was in office and we had a brief respite under President Trump, the spirit of Lawlessness was not cleansed from this nation. Democrats and many Republicans still hung on to the immoral and rebellious ideas listed above. Just as it was after 9/11, there has been no genuine repentance of the nation. Now another administration has arisen, and its directives are even more socialistic and disastrous than under Obama. The moral decay has only increased and now is threatening even our children in their schools. The Nazi-like media does not know the definition of the word Truth and has become just a propaganda machine for the spirit of Antichrist.
A small remnant of Christians have repented and turned to the Lord but, they are battling against the full forces of hell; politically, socially, news media wise, and even church-wise. We need help from on high to overcome and return this nation to its foundations in the Lord. Let us all pray for an outpouring of the Holy Spirit, a ‘latter rain’ if you will as the prophet Zechariah called for –
“Ask the LORD for rain in the time of the latter rain. The LORD will make flashing clouds; He will give them showers of rain, Grass in the field for everyone.” – Zech. 10:1
American Christians have not yet awakened to the seriousness of this hour for the United States. When the American government can illegally use the Department of Justice and the FBI to invade a former President’s residence, as they recently did to President Trump, they are sending a message – “threaten the present liberal government at your peril!” Trump may not have been the ‘politically correct Christian’ many Christians wanted, but he was God’s man for the hour. He was the last man standing between you and tyranny! And the Globalist elite in Washington and the UN cannot allow Trump to run again in 2024 – they know he would win and destroy their plans to bring down America.
I don’t know if Trump will run again in 2024, but I do know that several heavenly signs, the sign of Tarus and the Great American Eclipse, do predict major upheavals in 2024! So, wake up Church and pray.