“The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament shows his handiwork.” – Psalm 19:1
We so often read these scriptures but never realize they may have a prophetic message as well. As we near the end of the age, God will use all His creation to warn us of impending danger, even the clouds of heaven.
“Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.” – Matthew 24:30
“Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.” – Revelation 1:7 Continue reading
This will be the last post of the series The Blood Red Moons Revisited and I will summarize the other articles and add one more point to remember.
- First, the BRMs (Blood Red Moon tetrad) highlight the immanent coming of the Year of Jubilee and all that it means. They also reveal the importance of the number 8 and its heralding something new coming. This BRM Tetrad was the 8th since the time of Jesus’ first coming. And finally, they emphasize the pattern of Passover and Tabernacles (Sukkot) being the first and last feasts of the seven Lord’s Feasts, thus reminding us of the Lord’s first coming and His second coming.
- Second, the BRMs emphasize the absolute importance of the re-establishment of Biblical based families – turning the hearts of the fathers to the children (Malachi 4:7). They also highlighted the coming later rain promised by Joel, Zechariah and James. God expects a harvest of souls and He sends the Holy Spirit in the later rain outpouring to achieve it. These BRMs also remind us of the number 10 and its meaning to those who will be saved and to those who will help form the devil’s last attempt to rule the world.
- Third, the BRMs stress the importance of the number 7. The secret of the shemitah (Sabbath year) and its accompanying judgments are revealed to those who will search for it. In America, money has become a god, controlling men’s lives and desires and out of mercy God will bring this god down. The shemitah even predicts when it will happen. But, in the midst of this judgment we must remember God’s promises – “I have never seen the righteous forsaken nor his seed begging bread” – Psalm 37:25.
- Fourth, the BRMs reveal the importance of Pentecost (Shavuot). It was there the New Covenant began, the laws of God were written on our hearts by the Holy Spirit, and by the Spirit we are sealed as the people of God. God reversed the curse of the Tower of Babel and showed His people how to enter into living relationship with Him.
- Fifth, the BRMs reveal the final acts of this present age of man, which I will attempt to highlight in the following article –
Many today have short attention spans. We are used to instant everything. The food we buy must be microwavable, the news we get must be nightly, online and fast. The weekly newspaper is almost extinct. The volume of information we are inundated with forces us to focus only on the immediate with last years news relegated to the delete or junk folders of our minds. However, this is very dangerous as we tend to overlook those items that require thought and planning.
For this reason I have decided to revisit the last few years from a prophetic perspective. I will begin with the Blood Red Moons of 2014 and 2015 and their hidden meanings for us. How they affect you will depend on you and how much time you give to analyzing these events. Continue reading
In Matthew 24, Jesus delivered to his disciples his basic teaching on the end of the age. It involved wars and rumors of wars, nation against nation and kingdom against kingdom, famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in many different places. He warned them that believers would be hated for His name’s sake, betrayed even by family and other so-called Christians. Because iniquity (lawlessness) would abound the love of many shall grow cold. Into this atmosphere the Antichrist will be able to set up his systems of control and abomination. Jesus concluded His answer to their question with – Continue reading
As we prepare to remember Passover, I am reminded that it also contained two other equally important feasts; Unleavened Bread and First Fruits. In fact Passover began a countdown of sorts to the first of God’s supernatural harvests. The Feast of Unleavened Bread began the next day after Passover and the Feast of First Fruits began on the next Sunday, which was usually 3-7 days later depending on the year. First Fruits marked the first of the annual harvests and a sheaf of barley was waved before the LORD in thanksgiving for the coming harvest. Prophetically, Jesus was raised from the dead on this exact feast day and represents the first fruit of the harvest of souls to come. Fifty days later the second of the annual harvest days occurred – Pentecost. This harvest marked the bringing in of the wheat harvest. Prophetically it represents the first outpouring of the Holy Spirit, spoken of by the prophet Joel as the ‘former rain’. Continue reading
This year began a Blood Red Moon Tetrarch, which is 4 consecutive blood red moons that occur on Jewish feast days (really the Lord’s feast days). Jewish Rabbis teach that blood-red moons signify trouble for Israel. The Jewish Talmud (book of tradition) records: “When the moon is in eclipse, it is a bad omen for Israel… If its face is as red as blood, it is a sign that the sword is coming to the world…” Since the time of Jesus’ first coming there have been exactly seven back to back occurrences of blood-red moons which occurred on the Jewish feast of Passover first and then on the Feast of Tabernacles (Sukkot). We know from history that each of these occurrences signaled momentous events happening for Israel and the world.