When I was actively pastoring, I was often criticized for spending too much time on the subject of prophesy but, that was not true, and I have the tapes to prove it. I offer the following article for two reasons; 1) as proof of my statement above and 2) because this message is of critical importance for the Body of Christ.
For too long Christians world-wide have been deceived by the world into to settling for the lessor of two evils, between half-truth and outright lies. A simple illustration will prove the folly of this strategy. When forced to choose between two evils, if you chose the lessor, you are still moving downhill and eventually you will reach the bottom, only a little slower. Now my illustration uses current politicians but, the principle applies to all areas and choices of life. The better answer is of course to find God’s will and do that because all your choices will have eternal consequences. Continue reading
In my last article, Which King will You Choose?, I tried to illustrate the truth that the people cannot gain heaven’s blessings by choosing leaders that only look good or sound good or even that agree with what you think. If they do, they inevitably get a King Saul. They must choose leaders whose hearts are after God – like King David. But, there is another truth in this process that is seldom referred to – and that is the people always get the leaders they deserve! If Americans reject God and His laws they cannot expect God to give them righteous leaders. If God does happen to give them righteous leaders they will only reject them, or worse. Continue reading
In the article Strange Fire, I warned of the danger of mixing falsehoods with God’s revealed works or words. One of the signs Jesus warned us to watch for were false prophets (Matthew 24:11), and today we see an abundance of false prophets and false teachers on the scene.
President Obama came to power promising ‘Hope and Change’ but, his policies have trashed the hope of economic improvement for many and he has “opened the door to the chicken house” for terrorism in America by installing Muslim extremists in his administration and allowing a huge influx of Muslim immigration, many of which are radical Islamic sympathizers. Hillary Clinton blames big banks and the sub-prime market for our economic problems saying only she can fix the
Hillary accepts 2.3 million from big banks
situation. What she doesn’t say is her husband started the sub-prime mortgage problem and she has made over 2 million the last two years from these same banks she is blaming! False prophets are not always religious but, sometimes they are. This last week I read someone prophesying 1) Donald Trump would be elected President of the United States, 2) another prophesying that Hillary Clinton would be elected and 3) one prophesying that neither would be elected because Barak Hussein Obama would declare a state of emergency and cancel the election! Now it is obvious that not all of them could be true, either two of these are false prophets or perhaps all three. What is the source of false prophesy? Continue reading
In my last post Days of Noah, I warned about the danger of mixing God’s created design with the devil’s designs. When God finished His creation of heaven, earth, and everything in them – He said “it was good.” It needed no improvement. It was socially and genetically perfect. However, the devil tempts man into thinking he can improve on what God created. Down through the centuries of time Satan has deceived mankind with many false gods and other doctrines all trying to displace God as the Creator. In modern times his main deceit has been evolution and aliens. One places man above God and the other gives credit for the creation to so-called alien intervention in man’s history. Both are distortions of the truth. There are aliens that have invaded earth and mankind – they are called demons and are part of Satan’s kingdom of darkness. In Genesis 6, they were called “the sons of God” and were fallen angels that followed Satan in his rebellion. Continue reading
As Jesus was giving His teaching on the end of the age, He gave a clear societal sign that would be a harbinger of the soon approach of these days. It was the sign of Noah –
“But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. “For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, “and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.” – Matthew 24:37-39
Maybe you remember, Noah was the man who lived during the days of the Biblical flood that destroyed the then-known world except for Noah and his family. Jesus’ warning involved eating and drinking and marrying and giving in marriage but, you may ask what is so bad about eating or drinking and isn’t marriage the way we continue the human race? To understand this phrase you have to read between the lines – so to speak. Continue reading
This will be the last post of the series The Blood Red Moons Revisited and I will summarize the other articles and add one more point to remember.
- First, the BRMs (Blood Red Moon tetrad) highlight the immanent coming of the Year of Jubilee and all that it means. They also reveal the importance of the number 8 and its heralding something new coming. This BRM Tetrad was the 8th since the time of Jesus’ first coming. And finally, they emphasize the pattern of Passover and Tabernacles (Sukkot) being the first and last feasts of the seven Lord’s Feasts, thus reminding us of the Lord’s first coming and His second coming.
- Second, the BRMs emphasize the absolute importance of the re-establishment of Biblical based families – turning the hearts of the fathers to the children (Malachi 4:7). They also highlighted the coming later rain promised by Joel, Zechariah and James. God expects a harvest of souls and He sends the Holy Spirit in the later rain outpouring to achieve it. These BRMs also remind us of the number 10 and its meaning to those who will be saved and to those who will help form the devil’s last attempt to rule the world.
- Third, the BRMs stress the importance of the number 7. The secret of the shemitah (Sabbath year) and its accompanying judgments are revealed to those who will search for it. In America, money has become a god, controlling men’s lives and desires and out of mercy God will bring this god down. The shemitah even predicts when it will happen. But, in the midst of this judgment we must remember God’s promises – “I have never seen the righteous forsaken nor his seed begging bread” – Psalm 37:25.
- Fourth, the BRMs reveal the importance of Pentecost (Shavuot). It was there the New Covenant began, the laws of God were written on our hearts by the Holy Spirit, and by the Spirit we are sealed as the people of God. God reversed the curse of the Tower of Babel and showed His people how to enter into living relationship with Him.
- Fifth, the BRMs reveal the final acts of this present age of man, which I will attempt to highlight in the following article –
Many of the Feasts of the Lord contain an agricultural background as do many of the parables Jesus gave – such as the parable of the Sower in Matthew 13:3. But, no one sows seed without expecting a harvest and so it is with God. Shavuot (Pentecost) is such a Feast. It was called the Feast of Weeks and marked the in-gathering of the vital, life sustaining wheat harvest. But, as with all of the Feasts of the Lord, it contained a deeper meaning as well. It marked the anniversary of the day God gave the Torah (tablets of Law) to Israel at Mt. Sinai. This giving of the Law stood for the covenant between God and the 12 tribes of Continue reading