Jesus and the Harvest
As we are nearing the end of the age it would well to remember our roots as a church. Jesus commanded –
“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.” – Mark 16:15
This mission was empowered by the receiving of the Holy Spirit, as Peter preached at Pentecost – Continue reading
I recently wrote about the absolute need for truth, in our personal lives and in our national life. There is no freedom without truth. Of course, the main truth is God’s revelation but, political truth is also important to our everyday lives. We know that in the last days an Antichrist will appear who will raise the art of lying and deception to an ungodly level. As the Apostle Paul wrote –
“The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.” – 2 Thessalonians 2:9-12
“The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me to preach good tidings to the poor: … To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord.” – Isaiah 61:1, 2
This is the message Jesus began His ministry with, a ministry He passed on to His Church – those who believe in Him and put their trust in Him. It is not a message of “greasy-grace” or “sloppy-agape” as some would teach. God has not changed, nor have His standards changed. God still hates sin because it separates us from Him. What this message does do is present all of us with a way to escape the consequences of sin. The Bible declares –
“For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” – Romans 6:23
Free at Last
Mankind’s old nature is corrupt and cannot change so God made a way for us to be “born again”, to become a new creation through the Son of God, Jesus Christ. The consequences of sin is death so Jesus stood in for us – though He was sinless, He was willing to die in our place on the cross of Calvary. If we are willing to repent of our sin and acknowledge Jesus as our substitute, His Holy Spirit will do a re-creation in us, then the Spirit will begin to work in us to help our “new man” grow strong enough to overcome the old nature and follow Jesus in a new life. Though this will be a life-long work, as we daily choose to follow the Spirit’s leading, we will begin to look and act like Jesus. Continue reading
Holy Scriptures warn us that God will not bring judgment on a nation without first warning it of the impending danger. We are also warned that the judgment will begin first with the ‘house of God’.
“For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?” – 1 Peter 4:17
The ‘house of God’, we call it the Church, is supposed to be walking in the light and should be first to see the coming flood of trouble but, for the most part – they are asleep. Continue reading
In the article Strange Fire, I warned of the danger of mixing falsehoods with God’s revealed works or words. One of the signs Jesus warned us to watch for were false prophets (Matthew 24:11), and today we see an abundance of false prophets and false teachers on the scene.
President Obama came to power promising ‘Hope and Change’ but, his policies have trashed the hope of economic improvement for many and he has “opened the door to the chicken house” for terrorism in America by installing Muslim extremists in his administration and allowing a huge influx of Muslim immigration, many of which are radical Islamic sympathizers. Hillary Clinton blames big banks and the sub-prime market for our economic problems saying only she can fix the
Hillary accepts 2.3 million from big banks
situation. What she doesn’t say is her husband started the sub-prime mortgage problem and she has made over 2 million the last two years from these same banks she is blaming! False prophets are not always religious but, sometimes they are. This last week I read someone prophesying 1) Donald Trump would be elected President of the United States, 2) another prophesying that Hillary Clinton would be elected and 3) one prophesying that neither would be elected because Barak Hussein Obama would declare a state of emergency and cancel the election! Now it is obvious that not all of them could be true, either two of these are false prophets or perhaps all three. What is the source of false prophesy? Continue reading
This will be the last post of the series The Blood Red Moons Revisited and I will summarize the other articles and add one more point to remember.
- First, the BRMs (Blood Red Moon tetrad) highlight the immanent coming of the Year of Jubilee and all that it means. They also reveal the importance of the number 8 and its heralding something new coming. This BRM Tetrad was the 8th since the time of Jesus’ first coming. And finally, they emphasize the pattern of Passover and Tabernacles (Sukkot) being the first and last feasts of the seven Lord’s Feasts, thus reminding us of the Lord’s first coming and His second coming.
- Second, the BRMs emphasize the absolute importance of the re-establishment of Biblical based families – turning the hearts of the fathers to the children (Malachi 4:7). They also highlighted the coming later rain promised by Joel, Zechariah and James. God expects a harvest of souls and He sends the Holy Spirit in the later rain outpouring to achieve it. These BRMs also remind us of the number 10 and its meaning to those who will be saved and to those who will help form the devil’s last attempt to rule the world.
- Third, the BRMs stress the importance of the number 7. The secret of the shemitah (Sabbath year) and its accompanying judgments are revealed to those who will search for it. In America, money has become a god, controlling men’s lives and desires and out of mercy God will bring this god down. The shemitah even predicts when it will happen. But, in the midst of this judgment we must remember God’s promises – “I have never seen the righteous forsaken nor his seed begging bread” – Psalm 37:25.
- Fourth, the BRMs reveal the importance of Pentecost (Shavuot). It was there the New Covenant began, the laws of God were written on our hearts by the Holy Spirit, and by the Spirit we are sealed as the people of God. God reversed the curse of the Tower of Babel and showed His people how to enter into living relationship with Him.
- Fifth, the BRMs reveal the final acts of this present age of man, which I will attempt to highlight in the following article –
In Matthew 24, Jesus delivered to his disciples his basic teaching on the end of the age. It involved wars and rumors of wars, nation against nation and kingdom against kingdom, famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in many different places. He warned them that believers would be hated for His name’s sake, betrayed even by family and other so-called Christians. Because iniquity (lawlessness) would abound the love of many shall grow cold. Into this atmosphere the Antichrist will be able to set up his systems of control and abomination. This is the bad news but, good news is coming! Continue reading