I have been posting about the 2014-2015 Blood Red Moon Tetrad and the eclipses it contains, but there is another important sign hidden within them that gives grave news for the world. It is the mystery of the number seven. From the beginning of creation the number seven has played an important role –
- God created the heavens and the earth in six days but on the seventh – He rested.
- Man was commanded to follow the same pattern and set aside the seventh day as a Sabbath – ” Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.” – Exodus 20:8
- Not only was the seventh day a Sabbath but seven Sabbaths was a special Sabbath and the next day (50th day) was a celebration of harvest.- Leviticus 23:16
- Every seven years was also a special time, called the shemittah in which there was to be a time of release from financial debt. – Deuteronomy 15:1
- Every seven shemitahs was to begin a year of Jubilee – a time of great release and rest, debts forgiven, land that was lost was to be returned, those who had been enslaved were to be set free, and the land and vineyards were also to be given rest.
- Judgments also came in groups of seven – Pharaohs dream of seven lean cows, and the Babylonian captivity of Judah for 70 years because they did not honor God by keeping the shemitahs commanded and fell away from God. – Jeremiah 29:10
- Antichrist will rule the earth for seven years. – Daniel 9:27
As we prepare to remember Passover, I am reminded that it also contained two other equally important feasts; Unleavened Bread and First Fruits. In fact Passover began a countdown of sorts to the first of God’s supernatural harvests. The Feast of Unleavened Bread began the next day after Passover and the Feast of First Fruits began on the next Sunday, which was usually 3-7 days later depending on the year. First Fruits marked the first of the annual harvests and a sheaf of barley was waved before the LORD in thanksgiving for the coming harvest. Prophetically, Jesus was raised from the dead on this exact feast day and represents the first fruit of the harvest of souls to come. Fifty days later the second of the annual harvest days occurred – Pentecost. This harvest marked the bringing in of the wheat harvest. Prophetically it represents the first outpouring of the Holy Spirit, spoken of by the prophet Joel as the ‘former rain’. Continue reading
As we approach the end of the four Blood Red Moon Tetrad of 2014-2015, we can certainly witness the trouble they forecast for the world. The blood red moons speak first of all to the nation of Israel but also hidden within them are eclipses which also forecast trouble for the nations of the world. Nations we once thought as allies are questioning their ties to us. The Continue reading
I have been posting about the 2014-2015 Blood Red Moon Tetrad and the eclipses it contains, but there is another important sign hidden within them that gives grave news for the world. It is called the Shemitah. Rabbi Joseph Cahn has written about it in his recent book, The Mystery of the Shemitah and he explains in an interview with Charisma Magazine – Continue reading