Leftist in the United States, mostly Democrats, have pushed hard to eliminate the rights of conservatives and Christians, from the taking down of crosses and the Ten Commandments to schools celebrating Easter and Christmas. And now New York leftists are even attacking our freedom of speech saying those who uses the term ‘illegal alien’ can be fined up to $250,000. Continue reading
I have not written for a week or more because I have just been listening and watching events that are happening around the world and in our country. The volume of the reports are almost deafening.
War is simmering in the Mideast and it is apparent that God is holding things in check until His timing is fulfilled. Many have been predicting eminent war there and I have also thought that it must come soon, but God is once again proving that He alone controls the destiny of nations. All anyone can say for sure is ‘watch and pray’ because it could happen at any time!
The political climate of western nations is swirling around like hurricanes with tornadoes and volcanoes mixed in to keep the tension high. In America, the political pun-dents are running around like chickens proclaiming the ‘sky is falling’! over every move President Trump makes. They have forgotten, if they ever knew, that it is God who raises up and puts down rulers at His pleasure. I believe one thing is certain – God is using President Trump to restrain control-hungry world leaders and politicians until He is ready to move. In the process the Antichrist kingdom is also forming and its leader may already be on the scene. Remember, in the Bible, God left the Hebrew children in Egyptian bondage until the sin of the nations of Palestine had reached their climax.
“Then He said to Abram: “Know certainly that your descendants will be strangers in a land that is not theirs, and will serve them, and they will afflict them four hundred years. … But in the fourth generation they shall return here, for the iniquity of the Amorites is not yet complete.“ – Gen. 15:13-16
God is in control, even of the timing in which events happen, and He moves nations and men like chess pieces to fulfill His purposes. We may not understand all His purposes but one He has made very clear – the nation of Israel will return and eventually say “Blessed is He who comes in the Name of the Lord” as Jesus predicted.
“for I say to you, you shall see Me no more till you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the LORD!’ ” – Matt. 23:39
The wars that are coming in the Mideast serve two purposes: 1) to judge the nations that have opposed God and, 2) to humble Israel and cause her to call upon the Name of The Lord and recognize her Messiah, Jesus.
God always finishes what He begins! He began the nation of Israel with a calling and He will bring them back to fulfill that calling. He also began the Church with a calling. We see it displayed in the Book of Acts and He will bring the Church back to this calling. The Church began with Pentecost, which was called the ‘former rain’ of the Holy Spirit, and there is a ‘latter rain’ coming which will conclude the Church age. The Church is not going out as a defeated woman but as a victorious Bride by the power of the Holy Spirit! Remember, when the Church began it was full of Jewish believers and that is the way it will be at the end as well. The One New Man will be complete!
“having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace,” – Eph. 2:15
However, Jesus Himself predicted many would leave the faith before He comes. He said –
“… when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?” – Luke 18:8
Paul predicted there would a great falling away before the Lord came back –
“Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition (Antichrist)” – 2 Thes. 2:3
The present church is full of wheat and tares, the true and the false, and it appears the tares will outnumber the wheat. Paul warned the reason this happens is because of the truth. Many loved the world and its unrighteousness more than the truth of God –
“and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.” – 2 Thes. 2:10-12
This is a hard saying and not many preachers want to preach it. They love the numbers and tithes more than the truth. And it is important to realize this is not speaking of some humanist or politically correct truth but of the truth that God proclaimed in the Bible. Jesus claimed this and you cannot be related to Him without agreeing –
“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” – John 14:6
Not many ways to God – only One. Christianity is not a co-regency of authority. It is the only way to eternal life. It has love for all but, it cannot co-exist with all. Because of its love and concern, it must strive to save all by showing the true path to God – Jesus Christ.
The United States is locked in political combat, mostly between Democrats and Republicans. Even though only a relatively small number of Americans are actively involved in the infighting, all will bear the consequences of the battle. It is somewhat like a mini-Civil War dividing even families. For the most part, the muskets and cannons are missing, but damage is still being done. And as it was during the Civil War, Christians are being drawn in on both sides. I believe the same events are happening all over the world. How can this happen? Continue reading
Jesus said there would be wars and rumors of war but, that these would just be the beginning of the birth pangs that would mark the end of the age.
“And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. … “All these are the beginning of sorrows (lit. birth pangs).” – Matthew 24:6-8
God is speaking in many ways, to His people and to the world. In a recent article named WARNING, I highlighted a few of the ways God is speaking. He is warning of coming judgment and I reminded you that judgment begins at the House of God.
“For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?” – 1 Peter 4:17
I recently wrote about the absolute need for truth, in our personal lives and in our national life. There is no freedom without truth. Of course, the main truth is God’s revelation but, political truth is also important to our everyday lives. We know that in the last days an Antichrist will appear who will raise the art of lying and deception to an ungodly level. As the Apostle Paul wrote –
“The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.” – 2 Thessalonians 2:9-12
“The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me to preach good tidings to the poor: … To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord.” – Isaiah 61:1, 2
This is the message Jesus began His ministry with, a ministry He passed on to His Church – those who believe in Him and put their trust in Him. It is not a message of “greasy-grace” or “sloppy-agape” as some would teach. God has not changed, nor have His standards changed. God still hates sin because it separates us from Him. What this message does do is present all of us with a way to escape the consequences of sin. The Bible declares –
“For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” – Romans 6:23
Mankind’s old nature is corrupt and cannot change so God made a way for us to be “born again”, to become a new creation through the Son of God, Jesus Christ. The consequences of sin is death so Jesus stood in for us – though He was sinless, He was willing to die in our place on the cross of Calvary. If we are willing to repent of our sin and acknowledge Jesus as our substitute, His Holy Spirit will do a re-creation in us, then the Spirit will begin to work in us to help our “new man” grow strong enough to overcome the old nature and follow Jesus in a new life. Though this will be a life-long work, as we daily choose to follow the Spirit’s leading, we will begin to look and act like Jesus. Continue reading
As we move closer to another Presidential election we need to consider what is really at stake. In light of the prophetic signs that come to pass recently it should be obvious that we are nearing the end of the age. For those among you who are younger and for those who have been asleep or too taken up with everyday living to have noticed, I will list a few of the recent prophetic events:
- WW I – Jews return to Palestine – Balfour Declaration
- WWII – Israel becomes a nation – 1948
- Jerusalem back under Jewish control – 1967
- United States begins official turn away from God – prayer removed from schools – 10 Commandments removed from public display – 1960’s
- 1960 through 1990’s United States continues moral downward slide into apostasy
- September 11, 2001 1st Harbinger strikes America as Islamic terrorist bring down World Trade Center Towers
- 2011 world-wide mass die-offs of birds, fish, and animals begins
- God sends a prophet to America with the warning of Isaiah 9:10 – Rabbi Jonathan Cahn reveals the Harbingers
- 2014-2015 God sends heavenly signs – a Blood Red Moon Tetrad – only the eighth since Jesus’ 1st coming – each time signaling historic changes
- Pestilences, earthquakes, revolutions and wars increasing dramatically
- Economic collapses in 2001, 2008, and 2015 highlighting Harbingers and Shemitahs (Sabbath years)
I have not listed the obvious building of tensions in the Middle East that signal to approach of the Psalm 83 and Ezekiel 38 wars. These and many other signs are meant to alert us to the lateness of the time. A time when the Bible declares an Antichrist figure and government will appear that will try to eliminate Israel and Christians from the earth. It is obvious that to accomplish these goals the United States will have to be removed as a world power. The best way to do this is to get the United States to leave its dependence on God who has been its historical power source.
This is exactly what has been happening. For the sake of the promise of money and prosperity, that never appeared, Americans elected the most anti-Christian president we have ever had . No friend of Israel, he is also no friend of Christians. Here is a partial listing of his actions over the past eight years and I would remind you – actions speak louder than words!
- April 2008 – speaks disrespectfully of Christians accusing them of “clinging to their guns and religion and having antipathy to people who aren’t like them.”
- February 2009 – He announces plans to revoke conscience protection for health workers “who refuse to participate in medical activities that go against their beliefs”, and fully implements the plan in February 2011.
- April 2009 – When speaking at Georgetown University, he orders that “a monogram symbolizing Jesus’ name be covered when he is making his speech.”
- May 2009 – He declines to host services for the National Prayer Day (a day established by federal law) at the White House. (Instead, he honors a Muslim prayer day.)
- April 2009 – In a deliberate act of disrespect, he nominated three pro-abortion ambassadors to the Vatican; of course, the pro-life Vatican rejected all three.
- October 19, 2010 – he begins deliberately omitting the phrase about “the Creator” when quoting the Declaration of Independence – an omission he has made on no less than seven occasions.
- November 2010 – he misquotes the National Motto, saying it is “E pluribus Unum” rather than “In God We Trust” as established by federal law.
- January 2011 – After a federal law was passed to transfer a WWI Memorial in the Mojave Desert to private ownership, the U. S. Supreme Court ruled that the cross in the memorial could continue to stand, but the Obama administration refused to allow the land to be transferred as required by law, and refused to allow the cross to be re-erected as ordered by the Court.
- April 2011 – For the first time in American history, he urges passage of a non-discrimination law that does not contain hiring protections for religious groups, forcing religious organizations to hire according to federal mandates without regard to the dictates of their own faith, thus eliminating conscience protection in hiring. (Of course. Muslims are exempt from obeying the federal mandate known as Obama-Care.)
- August 2011 – The Obama administration releases its new health care rules that override religious conscience protections for medical workers in the areas of abortion and contraception.
- November 2011 – he opposes inclusion of President Franklin Roosevelt’s famous D-Day Prayer in the WWII Memorial.
- November 2011 – Unlike previous presidents, he studiously avoids any religious references in his Thanksgiving speech.
- December 2011 – The Obama administration denigrates other countries’ religious beliefs as an obstacle to radical homosexual rights.
- January 2012 – The Obama administration argues that the First Amendment provides no protection for churches and synagogues in hiring their pastors and rabbis.
- February 2012 – The Obama administration forgives student loans in exchange for public service, but announces it will no longer forgive student loans if the public service is related to religion.
Of course, I am referring to Barack Hussein Obama, the most anti-Christian president the United States has ever had. And the above is just a sample of his presidential actions. They have occurred without fanfare because a liberal press mostly agrees with him. As long as the people get their government provisions on time most of the publicly educated in this country don’t seem to mind. As I list these factual statements and actions, I am not inferring that President Obama is the beast of Revelation, only that his words and actions may portray the way in which the beast will act.
As we consider our upcoming election it would be good to remember that Hillary Clinton will at least continue Barack Obama’s marxist trend of government or worse. But, it would wise to consider that the Republicans by in large did not resist Obama’s government even though they controled both the House of Representatives and the Senate. In some cases they passed budget bills giving him all he wanted and more! So why should we expect they will give us a candidate that will point this country back to a Godly agenda? With this in mind, I want to include a video by a decorated Army general who is a strong Constitutional Christian conserative – Lt. Gen. (Ret.) W.G. (Jerry) Boykin.
The facts General Boykin listed are well documented but have you taken them to heart? Is the Pastor of your church warning against them? As a good watchman I have warned you now you need to act. The very least you can do is pray that God will deliver us and prepare us to weather the coming storm. In this age of electronic media, you could also share this message with all your friends – even though they may reject your warning.
In my last several articles, I stressed our absolute need for the presence of God, both in our personal lives and in our corporate life. It is the only way we can overcome the trials of life and it is the only way we can return to the national blessings we have enjoyed in the past.
We are constantly bombarded with the voices of zealots and politicians promising that they alone can return to us the blessings we think we deserve or desire. But, without God in the picture they are all just what Jeremiah described – broken cisterns that can hold no water.
“For My people have committed two evils: They have forsaken Me, the fountain of living waters, and hewn themselves cisterns—broken cisterns that can hold no water.” – Jeremiah 2:13
When I was actively pastoring, I was often criticized for spending too much time on the subject of prophesy but, that was not true, and I have the tapes to prove it. I offer the following article for two reasons; 1) as proof of my statement above and 2) because this message is of critical importance for the Body of Christ.
For too long Christians world-wide have been deceived by the world into to settling for the lessor of two evils, between half-truth and outright lies. A simple illustration will prove the folly of this strategy. When forced to choose between two evils, if you chose the lessor, you are still moving downhill and eventually you will reach the bottom, only a little slower. Now my illustration uses current politicians but, the principle applies to all areas and choices of life. The better answer is of course to find God’s will and do that because all your choices will have eternal consequences. Continue reading